Mount Vernon Counseling Center
“He should know what I want!”
“I shouldn’t have to tell her!”
“My partner doesn’t listen to me!”
Sound familiar? Guess what You’re not alone!
- Communication differences
- Parenting styles
- Blended families
- Crises in financial or health matters
- Moving forward after an emotional affair or physical affair
- Sexual and Intimacy Issues
How can couples therapy help?
There are so many obstacles that couples have to face in today’s world—from overuse of social media, to a lack of a satisfying sex life, to difficulty compromising, it is no surprise that we struggle to connect. Whatever your situation, our therapists can help develop effective ways to communicate and accept each others differences.
We specialize in seeing the differences and problems associated with emotional conflicts such as communication, parenting, finances, and more. Our focus is to reconcile these differences using an integrative holistic approaches.
- Improve communication and listening skills (active listening and reflective listening)
- Develop healthy coping skills to use when issues arise
- Learn how to handle conflict more directly and more effectively
- Increase understanding, empathy, and connection within the relationship
- Enhance intimacy and create intimacy outside of the bedroom
- Work on developing vulnerability and repairing trust
Here’s how it actually works
Couples therapy is a way to help resolve conflict and communication difficulties that you may not have been able to manage as effectively on your own. We provide a non-judgmental, open lens to allow you to talk freely about any issue that may be at the forefront of conflict.
Our aim is to help you gain a better understanding of yourself and your partner.
We strive to help you both alleviate the friction, break negative patterns, and create a stronger relationship.
It is common to think only people who are on the verge of ending the relationship should seek counseling. In fact, we find that couples who come in proactively when they first notice issues have a better outcome in therapy. If you or your partner believes that couples therapy may help, reach out today to learn more!
625 Slaters Lane Suite 103, Alexandria, VA 22314
Subscribe Our Newsletter